Monday, January 28, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Readathon Kickoff

I had intended to sleep as long as possible before my midnight deadline for beginning this 24 hour Pride & Prejudice celebration, but I am too excited to stay in bed any longer. 200 years of Pride & Prejudice! When I think of the numbers of hours people all over the world have spent in delightful pursuit of Austen's "darling child", my own small commitment in its honor seems totally insufficient. A book of such caliber is an invaluable treasure, and it is my hope, on this day, to somehow express my appreciation and awe of this magnificent novel.

The coffee is brewing and I'm ready to go. Let's do this thing!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Ahhhhh.This will be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment