Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011

Though I kind of promised myself not to participate in any more reading challenges, this is one that cannot be resisted. In honor of the 200th anniversary of the publication of Sense and Sensibility, Laurel Ann of Austenprose has organized this fabulous challenge. Being a glutton for punishment, I put myself down at the aficionada level, which means 9 to 12 Sense and Sensibility related selections over the course of the year (I guess we'll just have to wait and see if having a baby interferes with those plans). Prizes are associated with this challenge. Please check out Laurel Ann's original post to learn more details.

I have already read several of the choices, but as many of them were never reviewed, I will use this as an opportunity to record my thoughts on those. I am also looking forward to reading/watching selections I am currently unfamiliar with. And just to get into the spirit of the thing, here are links to those I have already reviewed/commented on. Perhaps they'll help others who want to participate get started!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge Alexa. I am looking forward to reading your thoughtful reviews and helpful insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurel Ann, for coming up with such an irresistible reading challenge! What a great way to commemorate the birth of Austen's professional writing career!

    ReplyDelete